Cleaning & Rhodium Plating
Terms & Conditions
Before you decide if you wish to proceed with Polishing or Rhodium plating your jewellery, we have compiled a list of guidelines about. We are also happy to answer any questions you may have prior to leaving your jewellery with us.
1) Rhodium plating is a temporary coating. We cannot guarantee the longevity of plating on any item, due to each customers level of wear and their care routine with their jewellery.
2)Worn, laser hallmarks or engraving (internal). In the process of polishing the rhodium off the ring, if you have a worn or laser engraved hallmark these can be polished out during the rhodium process. It is possible for us to not polish the inside of a ring, but we would not be doing the best job possible for you. Please state to staff member if you do not wish us to polish the inside of your ring.
3) Patterns or engraving on the outside of the ring. In the process of polishing the rhodium off the ring, if you have patterns or engraving on the outside of your ring there is a chance that these can be polished out or may be faint after the rhodium process.
4) Rhodium plating yellow gold is successful on rings but please be aware rhodium plating yellow gold does not usually last as long as white gold.
5) We can only rhodium plate gold jewellery. If the item is not gold, then unfortunately we are unable to rhodium plate as the item will contaminate our rhodium plating solution.
6) Our equipment is relatively small and only capable of doing rings.
7) We are only polishing and rhodium plating your jewellery. We cannot remove defects in the metal such a pits, porosity or sizing join marks on rings. Also, we are unable to remove deep scuffs or dents as part of the rhodium plating service.
8) Occasionally we receive rings in where the stones are loose. If this is the case, there will be an additional charge to securing the stone/s. We do not guarantee the security of any stones. Our process does not interfere with the security of the stones other than cleaning any dirt away from them. Occasionally a stone may seem secure, but it is being held in by the debris behind the setting such as solidified soap. Upon cleaning this away the stone may then fall out in our cleaning tank. Although this may sound bad it is actually a good thing. The stone fell out in a controlled environment in our cleaning tank where we can retrieve it and reset it. If you had continued wearing then this stone would have fallen out later, and probably been lost. We may however decline to clean this if the item is either very worn or a high risk of stones coming out and repair wouldn’t be possible.
9) If your ring has a different finish such as brushed finish, please make the member of staff aware when your item is being booked in.
10) If your item has different colours of gold, then rhodium plating will make everything white. We can retain the different colours by masking them off. please tell the member of staff when your item is being booked in to insure, we can try to replicate the finish of the ring correctly.